Once you have decided to end a marriage, getting help from a family law divorce attorney is essential. A local Morrisville divorce attorney can offer compassionate family law guidance that focuses on the rights of their clients.
Speak With an Understanding Morrisville Law Firm Today
Below, you will find the contact information for the top three Morrisville divorce attorneys and family law firms in the NC area.
Contact one today to schedule a consultation appointment with a Morrisville divorce attorney familiar with family law right away.
1. Triangle Smart Divorce
2. Montgomery Family Law
3. Law Offices of James Tyler Brooks
Each of these divorce attorneys or family law firms is within eight minutes of Morrisville, NC, helping clients seek the legal services they need without driving to Raleigh or larger cities in North Carolina.
Understanding the Divorce Laws in Morrisville, NC
Like all states, NC has laws regarding seeking a legal termination of a marriage. The following offers some insight into family law regulations in Morrisville, NC.
- At least one party in the marriage must have lived in NC for at least six months before filing.
- NC is a no-fault state, so neither party has to prove fault.
- NC has only two grounds for legally ending a marriage, including separation for one year or incurable insanity, and the couple must have been living apart consecutively for three years.
- The state offers a bed and board divorcing option.
Steps for Filing for Divorce in Morrisville, NC
Several steps are involved in filing for divorces in North Carolina. You will need to go through the following.
1. Make sure you meet the residency requirement.
2. Choose legally acceptable grounds for separation.
3. File the papers, and have your spouse served.
4. Your spouse has the right to contest the divorce.
5. Go through the settlement process to decide on child custody, spousal support, and property splits.
Family Attorneys Help With a Variety of Legal Services, Including Child Custody
A Morrisville family law attorney or Morrisville divorce attorney can help with many family law issues, including the following.
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Equitable Distribution of Assets
- Wills and Estate Planning
Why Should You Hire a Morrisville Divorce Attorney?
While you undoubtedly have the right to pursue separation without legal help, lawyers advise against this strategy. You could find yourself in over your head with the complicated process of pursuing the legal end of a marriage.
A Morrisville divorce attorney or family law firm can provide essential legal guidance and support during this difficult time. These family law professionals help you through your divorce every step of the way.
While legally ending your marriage can be stressful, having an experienced family law firm or divorce attorney working on your side offers peace of mind. You should not have to go through a divorce without a legal advocate like an attorney.